At Phil DiBello Family Roofing, we rely on our strong backbone of experience and knowledge to maintain our reputation as one of the most trusted and honest roofing contractors in all of Maryland. Since our founding in 1979, our company has operated with a single philosophy: making sure our customers are 100% satisfied and happy as our top priority – separating Phil Di Bello Family Roofing from all the competition.
Although our expert team specializes in all of your homeowner contractor needs – including services such as gutters, siding, and window and skylight installation – we got our start in bringing quality craftsmanship in roofing repair and replacement throughout the Baltimore area. Our family-owned and operated company built its original reputation in meeting all roofing for homeowners in the community and, nearly 40 successful years later – that is still the foundation on which our reputation for honesty and professionalism is based.
We know that considering a major roofing project for your home can be an intimidating concept – with so many options and pricing variables, it can be difficult to decide on the very best option for you and your family. But as one family to another, our free consultation and estimates can help in educating you through the designs that best match your home’s standing structure and your personal budget. It’s important to remember that the major function of a roof is really to protect your home from the elements — primarily rain, wind and snow. If you’re considering a new roof, or looking to have repairs done to your existing structure, it’s crucial that you know the components and elements used, since these variables will directly affect your final project decisions. Of course, the expert team at Phil DiBello Family Roofing is with your every step of the way to help guide the process.
The type of roof you have will determine how easily water — or the other elements — are diverted. But before we get into the types of roofs, we need to know the different components that make up a roof:
- Underlayment — The underlayment of a roof is that layer of protection between the plywood sheeting and the shingles, which protects the roof from damaging elements. Typically, the use of a membrane is typically required, a waterproof membrane, a sweat sheet or vapor barrier — with the underlayment serving the triple protective function.
- Ice and Water Shield – This is a rubber membrane that has a self adhering sticky backing that sticks directly to the wood decking. The main function of this material is to prevent leakage in heavy snow/ice storms and wind driven rains. It is only placed on the critical areas of the roof such as the eves, valleys, skylights, chimneys, and protrusions.
- Flashing — Flashing on a roof refers to the metal pieces or sheets that are used to divert water from the areas where it might collect, such as hips and valleys, and potentially cause later damage. Roof Flashing can be made from a variety of materials. You can use a galvanized flashing, a galvanized alloy, copper, lead coated copper or stainless steel. Each of these would work fine, and our team is well-versed in using each varied type.
- Shingles or Tile — Most homeowners are familiar with these elements. The shingles or tiles make up the outermost part of the roof and, more often than not, absorb the most weather damage. Sitting atop the underlayment, they form the outermost barrier against the elements. The basic design of a common shingle, or tile, has been in use for thousands of years. However, despite their popularity, shingles and tiles are just two among many types of materials you can use to cover your home’s roof. Other popular materials include concrete, wood shingles or metal – each with their own pros and cons, depending upon your home’s structure.
- Trim — The trim protects the seams anywhere there is a roof, such as a hip or a ridge.
Working with Phil DiBello Family Roofing makes even the most ambitious project you may have in mind effortless. In only three basic steps, we will outline everything required to make your project vision a reality. Contact us today for your no-obligation appointment and free estimate, then visit us to receive a free written estimate created by professional roofers – not salesmen. Finally, let us know your personal budget and allow us to work with you in crafting the most accessible financing and payment options to see your homeowner needs through to completion.
For nearly 40 years, Phil DiBello Family Roofing has been proudly installing roofs, siding, gutters for homeowners in Baltimore, Harford, Carroll, Anne Arundel and Howard Counties. Call us today at 410-752-ROOF (7663) or email us at email@example.com for your fee estimate and let us know how our family and make your family’s home needs our top priority!
To stop down and visit us in person for your free written estimate, we are centrally located at:
1440 E Clement St
Baltimore, Maryland 21230