Unfortunately, roofing scams occur. Roofing scams happen the most to new business owners and the elderly. Beware of any contractor that wants you to pay money upfront or a down
payment without providing a service. You may find yourself in disarray and disgust as the contractor that talked a good game ran off with your money. Your business is your baby. The value of owning a stable roof is priceless. Look for a licensed contractor that carries insurance and complies with safety standards. Keep reading for more detail as far what to do and more importantly, what not to do when hiring a commercial roofing contractor.
- Ask family and friends who they may know. Maybe you have a friend that owns their own business as well. Possibly a family member knows someone who got their roof repaired or installed. News quickly spreads throughout any community. Of course, you can always Google reviews, but nothing is better than being able to discuss exact details with someone you know. Word-of-mouth holds merit in this case.
- Stick to local contractors. It’s easier to reach out to a local contractor in the case of an emergency. If it rains and your roof starts leaking, then it would be highly inconvenient to reach assistance quickly. Help may not come right away.
- Contractors should provide work samples. In this case, word-of-mouth does not work. Your friends, family members, or neighbors can direct you to a great contractor. The contractor could go on and on about all of the people that love their work. However, seeing their work samples matter. If a contractor doesn’t provide visual examples in person, make sure to check out their website. Thoroughly look through what they have done and don’t make a hasty decision. Social media to check out photos, videos, reviews, and samples.
- Don’t limit your questions. Any great commercial roofing contractor wants to make sure that their customer makes the best decision. The contractor should be confident, concise, and not afraid to answer any of your questions. Otherwise, something isn’t right. Trust your gut if you sense dishonesty.
- Don’t Solely Worry about Price. You pay for what you get. A low price does not equate to quality. Nothing is worse than a roof continually needing repair. Roof installation and maintenance should be easy.
- Don’t Rely on Verbal Agreements. The estimate of your roof installation or roof repair should come with a contract. A written contract should also outline all of the ins and outs of roofing installation or roofing repair so that you have a deep understanding of your investment.
Phil Dibello Family Roofing Is A Leading Roofer of Howard County!
Since 1979, Phil DiBello Family Roofing has been proudly installing roofs, siding, gutters for homeowners in Howard County as well as Baltimore and Carroll County. Call us today at 410-752-ROOF (7663) or email us at email@example.com for your free estimate and let us know how our family and make your family’s home needs our top priority! Remember to follow us Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest to stay up to date on everything Dibello Roofing.
To stop down and visit us in person for your free written estimate, we are centrally located at:
1440 East Clement Street Baltimore, Maryland 21230