Here at Phil DiBello Family Roofing, we supply a large variety of windows to homeowners and business owners.
Here at Phil DiBello Family Roofing, we supply a large variety of windows to homeowners and business owners. From skylights to bay windows, and garden windows, and more, we can turn your house into a home with our high-quality options. However, having high-quality windows is not enough to keep them looking presentable. You have to take the time to clean them, and we’re going to show you how. Keep reading to learn how to clean your windows properly in the Fall. Here’s a checklist!
What Supplies Will I Need?
- Microfiber towel or cloth
- Soft-bristled brush
- Vacuum with extension hose attachment
- A bucket filled with soapy water
- Glass cleaner that won’t leave a residue
Tips for Cleaning Your Windows
- Clean when it’s cloudy out. Too much sunlight can cause streaks due to the cleaning products drying too quickly from the heat.
- Remove all draperies. Wipe down the blinds using a microfiber cloth.
- Use a soft-bristled brush to brush window frames, tracks, and screens. Vacuum any debris using the extension hose.
- Wipe the window screens using a sponge along with the soapy water. Make sure to line the screens with a microfiber cloth so that it will absorb any access water.
- When choosing a glass cleaner, make sure that it’s residue-free. If you pick a cleaning product with soap, scents, and lye, then it can cause streaks and residue to form. It also attracts dust and grime to buildup on the window’s surface.
- Always use microfiber cloths instead of newspaper and paper towels. They are more efficient. Paper products often contain softening agents, inks, or detergents that form on the glass when it’s wet and leaves a film.
- Work from the top down vertically or horizontally. Circular motions have static charges that attract dust. To avoid streaks or residual water stains, make sure that the window is thoroughly dry.
- Inspect your windows for leaks so cold air doesn’t come in
- Using a garden hose, remove and clean screens
- If you have storm windows, make sure to clean them before using them again
- If your windows are older, call us to repair or replace them
Phil DiBello Family Roofing Is A Leading Window Installer of Howard County!
Since 1979, Phil DiBello Family Roofing has been proudly installing windows, roofs, siding, gutters for homeowners in Howard County as well as Baltimore and Carroll County. Call us today at 410-752-ROOF (7663) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for your free estimate and let us know how our family and make your family’s home needs our top priority! Remember to follow us Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest to stay up to date on everything DiBello Roofing.
To stop down and visit us in person for your free written estimate, we are centrally located at:
1440 East Clement Street Baltimore, Maryland 21230